win a copy of ‘The Ice Harvest’ on DVD (now closed)
NOW CLOSED. WINNER: Paul. Click through to read the winning caption.
THE RULES: If you have not won a prize in one of my caption contests or gimme giveaways in 2006*, and you have a United States mailing address, you’re eligible to win. If one or both of those rules exclude you but you’re moved by the muse of comedy, feel free to send me a caption anyway — you might get an honorable mention… but let me know you’re entering only for fun. (*Micropatrons who’ve snagged some exclusive micropatron goodies are eligible to win one of these prizes.)
Oh, two more simple rules: 1) Be clever, be original, make me giggle. 2) One entry per person.
To celebrate today’s release of the neo-noir comedy The Ice Harvest on DVD, I’ve got a copy of the film to give away, courtesy of Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Here’s the scoop on the DVD from Universal:
The Ice Harvest DVD is loaded with new material and specially created bonus features that keep the surprises and the laughs coming, including:
• Startling Alternate Endings – Seen here for the first time.
• Outtake with Billy Bob Thornton
• Ice Cracking: Analysis of a Scene – Walk through the tense faceoff scene with the filmmakers as they break it down step by gripping step.
• Cracking the Ice – Screenwriters Robert Benton and Richard Russo provide an in-depth analysis of the transformation of The Ice Harvest from popular novel to enthralling screenplay.
• Beneath the Harvest – An insider’s look at the making of a subversively funny crime caper.
• Exclusive Audio Commentary – With director Harold Ramis
Click here for my review of the film. Or, if you don’t want to wait to win, buy the DVD at Amazon.
To enter to win a DVD set, send a funny caption for this still from the show:
please use this link to enter by sending ONE caption PLUS your U.S. mailing address
Paul’s winning caption: “I already told you twice to stop staring at me, I’m not going to say it….oh, ok…’Some folks call it a slingblade…mmmmhmmmmm’.”
visit the film’s official site
watch a trailer:
Quicktime small / medium / large
Windows Media small / medium / large
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/flick/public_html/wptest/wp-content/themes/FlickFilosopher/loop-single.php on line 106