daily list: 8 movies to celebrate spring with
It’s the first day of spring — hoorah! Is it just me, or has this winter felt particularly long and gray and wet and cold? (And to all my readers below the Equator, I hope you had a nice summer, and welcome to autumn.) Put yourself in the springtime mindset with these movies:
1. What’s all this about the Earth’s axis and seasonal changes? See how things could go really wrong if, say, the Earth were to spin off its axis in The Day the Earth Caught Fire [buy at Amazon].
2. Sing along with “Springtime for Hitler” in The Producers, either in the 1968 original [buy at Amazon] or the 2005 adaptation of the Broadway show [buy at Amazon], in which the diddy is belted out by Torchwood’s John Barrowman.
3. Pick some flowers for Algernon in Charly [buy at Amazon].
4. Go on the hunt for nasty springtime weather in Twister [buy at Amazon].
5. Plant a garden with Peter Sellers in Being There [buy at Amazon].
6. Commemorate the imminent return of baseball with Bull Durham [buy at Amazon].
7. Ward off deranged Easter bunnies in Night of the Lepus [buy at Amazon].
8. Get two doses of the new season in Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… And Spring [buy at Amazon].
(Technorati tags: spring movies)
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/flick/public_html/wptest/wp-content/themes/FlickFilosopher/loop-single.php on line 106