Johnny Depp to play the Mad Hatter for Tim Burton
In a new Alice in Wonderland movie, that is. Not just, you know, at a party in the backyard or something.
The news got me thinking about all the bizarre and fantastical characters Depp has played, and who else from classic and/or weird literature he could move on to after the Mad Hatter. A couple that spring to mind:
• Merlin in The Once and Future King. The wizard lives backward in this one — could be fun for Depp.
• Van Helsing in Dracula. But only if he played him like he played Ichabod Crane in Sleepy Hollow. That could be funny.
• Mort in any Terry Pratchett book. Like maybe Mort. (Mort is Death, in case you missed it.)
• Ford Prefect, if someone decided to do The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy again, and get it right. Though Depp could be a hilarious Zaphod, too.
• One of the princes in Nine Princes in Amber — maybe Random or Brand. (It’s been ages since I read this, and I don’t recall all the characters clearly.)
Any other ideas?
(Technorati tags: Johnny Depp, Mad Hatter, Tim Burton)
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/flick/public_html/wptest/wp-content/themes/FlickFilosopher/loop-single.php on line 106