5 reasons I’m psyched for ‘W.’
All this week! 5 movies I’m psyched for in October, and 5 reasons why. No. 5: W. [opens limited October 17].
1. Oliver Stone can be a nut — see JFK — but he’s a highly entertaining nut: JFK may be a complete fantasy (I’m not saying it is for sure, just that it may be), but it’s one of the greatest movies of recent years, from a storytelling perspective. So that bodes well.
2. That said, this is surely gonna reek of Stone-esque paranoia, right? Please? I mean, the maybe-they’re-not-just-conspiracy-theories conspiracy theories of the Bush administration — the New American Century stuff, Halliburton, all the oil connections — surely shall make for another entertaining story.
3. Josh Brolin as George W. Bush? Awesome. I’m not a particularly huge fan of Brolin’s, but he’s got that swaggering party-boy ’tude down cold. Just like our Dear Leader.
4. Rob Corddry as Ari Fleischer. So this is gonna be a conspiracy-theory comedy, then? Awesome.
5. Richard Dreyfuss as Dick Cheney. Arrr, arr arrrgh, arghh? Yup.
5a. Ioan Gruffudd as Tony Blair? I’m a huge fan of Gruffudd’s, but he’s probably the last person in the world I’d have expected to play the former British prime minister.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/flick/public_html/wptest/wp-content/themes/FlickFilosopher/loop-single.php on line 106