5 reasons I’m psyched for ‘Pride & Glory’
All this week! 5 movies I’m psyched for in October, and 5 reasons why. No. 5: Pride & Glory [opens wide October 24].
1. Norton! Farrell! They’re cops!
2. Colin Farrell does a killer New York accent. No pun intended.
3. I have this weird feeling — I don’t know why, and I concede that it could well be wishful thinking — that even though that trailer seems to give away most of the movie, there will in fact be way more beyond what looks like a standard cops-gone-bad flick, and it will be thrilling in a way that we’ve never seen in cops-gone-bad flicks before. And I attribute this hope to:
4. Screenwriter Joe Carnahan. I’ve been waiting since 2002 for another movie to follow on from the promise he showed with that year’s Narc. Last year’s Smokin’ Aces wasn’t it. Maybe this will be.
5. Director Gavin O’Connor. It’s kinda the same situation with him and his 1999 gem Tumbleweeds: we’re still waiting for another film as good as that. Though his Miracle in 2004 was a nice spin on a genre — the underdog sports flick — we’ve seen too much of before to be surprised by. If P&G is at least that good, it’s all good.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/flick/public_html/wptest/wp-content/themes/FlickFilosopher/loop-single.php on line 106