5 reasons I’m psyched for ‘The Brothers Bloom’
All this weekend! 5 movies I’m psyched for in December and 5 reasons why. No. 4: The Brothers Bloom [opens in the U.S. on December 19; no U.K. release date has been set yet].
1. It’s the sophmore film from writer-director Rian Johnson, whose first feature was the astonishingly unique Brick. That one turned film noir on its head — it was so sunny! — and updated the high-school movie by rewinding it to the distant cinematic past. Surely Johnson can do the same with the crime comedy, right?
2. The plot is described like this:
The Brothers Bloom are the best con men in the world, swindling millionaires with complex scenarios of lust and intrigue. Now they’ve decided to take on one last job – showing a beautiful and eccentric heiress the time of her life with a romantic adventure that takes them around the world.
Which kinda sounds like Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I love that movie.
3. Adrien Brody and Mark Ruffalo as brothers? They sorta don’t look much alike, but that’s almost always how these things go in the movies. No, I’m intrigued — and not a little terrified, in a good way — by the idea of throwing these two explosive actors together into such a contentious relationship as that of brothers. It’s gotta be delicious.
4. Rachel Weisz (she plays the heiress mentioned above). She’s always awesome.
5. Trivia tidbit spotted at the IMDB: “Weisz learned how to play piano, violin, accordion, and break-dance, to juggle, do karate, play Ping-Pong, banjo, unicycle, and even skateboard for her role as Penelope.” How can that not make for a cinematic experience not to be forgotten?
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/flick/public_html/wptest/wp-content/themes/FlickFilosopher/loop-single.php on line 106