question of the day: What is the creepiest movie moment ever?
To me, Halloween isn’t about “scary” — it’s about “creepy.” Scares make you jump out of your seat and scream, but then they’re gone. The creeps stay with you forever, and then sneak back up on you in the middle of the night and keep you away long into the wee hours.
What does that to you? What is the creepiest movie moment ever?
It might be hard to pick just one, so feel free to choose several, if you like. Here’s a few of mine:
• “It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again.” From The Silence of the Lambs, of course. I think the depersonalization of that is the worst part.
• the news footage of the spindly ETs on Joaquin Phoenix’s TV in Signs: that always ooks me out for days. Phoenix’s horrorfied reaction really helps sell it, too.
• “One of us, one of us, one of us…” Not that the mean girl who taunts Tod Browning’s Freaks doesn’t deserve what they dish out to her…
• the flying monkeys of The Wizard of Oz. Needs no further explanation, does it?
• Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory. No wonder he had to hire Oompa-Loompas — no one else would work for him.
(If you have a suggestion for a QOTD, feel free to email me. Responses to this QOTD sent by email will be ignored; please post your responses here.)
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/flick/public_html/wptest/wp-content/themes/FlickFilosopher/loop-single.php on line 106