The Hunger Games is unleashing the sexists (and other adventures in social networking)
What my followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ saw today:
• I look forward to the handwringing over whether *The Amazing Spider-Man* is better or worse for boys than *The Dark Knight Rises*… Is ‘Hunger Games’ worse than ‘Twilight’ for girls?
• *The Hunger Games* really is unleashing the sexists… Single Cat Ladies And Soccer Moms Will Beat Teens At The Hunger Games Box Office
• This is ridiculous. I mean, writer Kate Erbland isn’t wrong, but this shouldn’t even need to be said. No one feels the need to explain why *Harry Potter* isn’t *Pirates of the Caribbean.* It’s terrifying how everyone is freaking out because there are suddenly *two* franchises with female protagonists that female audiences like. Why ‘The Hunger Games’ Isn’t ‘Twilight’ (And Why That’s A Good Thing)
• Well, sheesh! They’re both stories about girls, so they must be the same. Girls are all the same, girls’ lives are all the same, and all girls care about the same things. Duh! ‘Hunger Games’ Director Gary Ross on ‘Twilight’ Comparisons: ‘I Don’t Know Why They Exist’ (Video)
• Or: There’s no such thing as “objective journalism”… ‘The Daily Show’s’ Advantage Over the MSM: An Eye for the Absurd