staying in on a Saturday night to watch Doctor Who is the new cool (and other adventures in social networking)
What my followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ saw today:
• All cinemas need this. Ninjas Silence Chatty Theatergoers
• Read this. An excellent look at the sorry state of Hollywood. I don’t agree with all of David Denby’s details, but his overall argument is devastating. (I suspect he might say, and perhaps not kindly, that I’m a critic who is desperate to find meaning in meaninglessness. I suspect he would be sympathetic, however, to the pushback I get that comes down to: “Why can’t you just shut your brain off?”) Missing, however, is any sense of how we might fix things. Has Hollywood Murdered the Movies?
• Hamlet vs Macbeth. To LOL or not to LOL, that is the question. Savage Chickens: Ultimate Tragedy
• Notes from the vast Hollywood conspiracy to create stars. Not-Yet-Famous People And Whether They Lived Or Died On “The X-Files”
• Staying in on a Saturday night to watch Doctor Who is the new cool.
• Not only is this video awesome, but what follows is possibly the greatest comments thread ever. A video in which a pig rescues a goat
(hat-tips for today’s links: bronxbee, @happysquid)
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/flick/public_html/wptest/wp-content/themes/FlickFilosopher/loop-single.php on line 106