Doctor Who thing: when boys cosplay Time Lords
My pal Bonnie — aka bronxbee in comments here — attended New York Comic-Con weekend before last and took a ton of photos. Here I’m sharing some of the Doctor Who-related ones.
Turns out that just like how girls like to pretend to be a Time Lord, sometimes boys like to dress up as the Doctor(s), too:
Bonnie says this guy
carried his own TARDIS around (it was one of those tent things).
Bonnie says she thinks the guy in the middle here is meant to be the Master:
Of this guy, Bonnie reveals
at first no one recognized #9 until he said “fantastic”.
(Nine is the closest the Doctor has ever come to unobtrusive streetwear. I like to imagine that the Doctor at that point was so wounded and withdrawn that he wasn’t looking to stand out in a crowd. Sucks for cosplayers, though!)
Of this guy and others, Bonnie says:
i’m not sure what’s with the busy beards, but i saw a few #11s with them! (if they were in a straight jacket, i might have understood).
Photos by Bonnie-Ann Black.
See the rest of the “Doctor Who at New York Comic-Con” series:
• merch at New York Comic-Con
• the family that regenerates together attends New York Comic-Con together
• gender-bending lady fans make the Doctor their own
• women really do like Tom Baker’s Doctor
• dressing up as the TARDIS
• meet the Doctor Puppets and puppeteer/animator Alisa Stern
• when pro artists pull sexist bullshit
• the littlest fans at New York Comic-Con
• fans two-by-two at New York Comic-Con
• creative cosplay
• TARDIS bags for charity
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)