movies matter | criticism by maryann johanson
Mon Oct 21 2013, 02:18pm | 5 comments
My pal Bonnie — aka bronxbee in comments here — attended New York Comic-Con weekend before last and took a ton of photos. Here I’m sharing some of the Doctor Who-related ones.
Dressing up as the TARDIS is a thing now — probably thanks to “The Doctor’s Wife.” Some fan interpretations:
Love her blue hair:
Bonnie says this guy was the only male TARDIS she saw all day:
His bow tie:
Photos by Bonnie-Ann Black.
See the rest of the “Doctor Who at New York Comic-Con” series:
• merch at New York Comic-Con
• the family that regenerates together attends New York Comic-Con together
• gender-bending lady fans make the Doctor their own
• women really do like Tom Baker’s Doctor
• meet the Doctor Puppets and puppeteer/animator Alisa Stern
• when boys cosplay Time Lords
• when pro artists pull sexist bullshit
• the littlest fans at New York Comic-Con
• fans two-by-two at New York Comic-Con
• creative cosplay
• TARDIS bags for charity
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)
My sister knitted a TARDIS afghan for her stepdaughter, and I helped out by cross-stitching the “Free for use of public” sign on a white square she had already knitted.
Like those leggings on #2.
I understand the appeal, but seeing these examples puts me right off the idea.
in what way?
I wore a tardis tank dress to fan expo. I didn’t consider myself as dressing up AS the tardis so much as showing my support of the show.
all regions (where available):
based on the Aggregate theme by Elegant Themes | powered by WordPress