Doctor Who thing: gender-bending lady fans make the Doctor their own
My pal Bonnie — aka bronxbee in comments here — attended New York Comic-Con this past weekend and took a ton of photos. I’m sharing some of the Doctor Who-related ones here over the next few days.
Bonnie saw lots of women dressing not as companions but as the Doctors himselves:
If Scarlett Johansson was a geek:
Of this one, Bonnie says:
i particularly like this one… BUT remember, muslim women *want* to be meek and mild and not have any adventures or anything.
(If the show wants the companion to represent ordinary Great Britain, the next companion will be a girl in a head scarf…)
A gender-bent Doctor with a River Song:
Tomorrow: gender-bent Fourth Doctors…
Photos by Bonnie-Ann Black.
See the rest of the “Doctor Who at New York Comic-Con” series:
• merch at New York Comic-Con
• the family that regenerates together attends New York Comic-Con together
• women really do like Tom Baker’s Doctor
• dressing up as the TARDIS
• meet the Doctor Puppets and puppeteer/animator Alisa Stern
• when boys cosplay Time Lords
• when pro artists pull sexist bullshit
• the littlest fans at New York Comic-Con
• fans two-by-two at New York Comic-Con
• creative cosplay
• TARDIS bags for charity
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)