watch it: “McCain Responds to ‘Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran’ Video”
I’m in England at the moment, where I’m getting an, um, interesting perspective on the American presidential campaigning. So just to be perverse, all this week I’m highlighting YouTube video of Republican candidate John McCain, for two reasons. 1) He’s a nut, and as many people as possible need to know that before they go to the polls on November 4. And 2) The possibility that McCain could potentially be derailed as a candidate through his own words -- as propagated on YouTube -- is a banner moment for the Internet. Theoretically, this kind of material has always been available before... if the mainstream corporate media deigned to air it. Today, we can see it for ourselves... as long as the word about it gets out.
Even worse than McCain’s performance of the “Beach Boys’ classic” is his later justification of it:
Basically: Lighten up, he says. Geez, have a sense of humor. It’s funny to joke about bombing other countries.
Also, calling a high school student “a little jerk” is funny, so if it offends you, lighten up.
(In the interest of equal time, I welcome hearing about any similarly scary YouTube video of Barack Obama. Just drop me an email with a YouTube link.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Fri Oct 03 08, 11:58AM
join the conversation:
web video of the day
by MaryAnn Johanson
· watch it: “Maverick John McCain”
· watch it: “Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran”
· watch it: “John McCain says ‘F**K You!’ during Interview”
· watch it: “John McCain Cursing again”
· watch it: “John McCain Losing His Cool”
· watch it: “Is McCain Palin's Bitch?”
· watch it: “McCain / Gunderson '08”
· watch it: “McCain: Infallible POW - PF 029”
· watch it: “McCain Greenscreen Challenge: Blue Suede Shoe Edition”
· watch it: “Pulp McCain”
I *am* a rocknrolla
‘Sanctuary’ debuts tonight on Sci Fi