grain-of-salt news: Colin Salmon the new Doctor Who?
Oh, it is gonna be so much fun following the scramble over the next few months. Not the scramble of speculation over who will replace David Tennant on Doctor Who -- cuz, really, I do not want to think about that at all -- but the scramble by the British press to be the first to announce his replacement.
Now Magazine looks like it wants to win that scramble, even if it’s willing to be wrong a hundred times before it’s right. On Friday, Now was quick to assure us that it looked like Dr. Moon would be regenerating into the Doctor:
Colin Salmon is apparently being lined-up to play the first black Doctor Who.
Nice of Now to couch this rumor in nondefinitive language -- apparently, thought to be. Perhaps it learned its lesson of only three days earlier, when Now announced, in no uncertain terms:
EastEnders star Tom Ellis has been tipped as the 11th Doctor Who.
(Tom Milligan, of course, was Martha’s contact in England in the Master-ruled alternate universe of “Last of the Time Lords,” and was mentioned -- but did not appear -- as Martha’s fiancé in “The Sontaran Stratagem.”)
Perhaps the lesson we fans should learn from this is that Now will only report potential-Doctor news if the actor involved has previously played another doctor on the show.
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Sat Nov 08 08, 2:55PM
join the conversation:
12 pre-Disqus comments
by MaryAnn Johanson
· Prime Suspect: The Complete Collection (review)
· female gazing at: Colin Salmon
· fun stuff from FlickFilosopher stats week of Jan 5-11 2013
· Doctor Who thing of the day: why Doctor Who isn’t just for kids
· Doctor Who thing of the day: postage stamps of the Doctor to come from Royal Mail
· why media embargoes are a buzzkill (and other adventures in social networking)
· Doctor Who thing of the day: a brief history of facial hair on Doctor Who
· see Jeremy Sisto as Titanic’s Jack Dawson (and other adventures in social networking)
· Doctor Who blogging: “Dinosaurs on a Spaceship”
· Doctor Who thing of the day: David Tennant is so money
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (review)
5 reasons I’m psyched for ‘Quantum of Solace’