trailer break: ‘A Serious Man’
Take a break from work: watch a trailer...
Oh my goodness, the Coen Brothers have a new movie...
And holy shit, that is a trailer, isn’t it? No stars, no “in a world where” nonsense, just that rhythmic thumping and the sweaty desperation and the blank stares and the palpable angst.
I’d always see anything by the Coen Brothers, with no advance info and totally sight unseen. But this trailer makes me so eager to see this film that I’m just about peeing my pants, and I don’t care who knows.
A Serious Man opens in the U.S. on October 2, and in the U.K. on November 20.
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Tue Aug 04 09, 3:24PM
join the conversation:
2 pre-Disqus comments
by MaryAnn Johanson
· top 10 movies of 2009: the whys and wherefores
· A Serious Man (review)
· my week at the movies: ‘Love Happens,’ ‘A Serious Man,’ ‘The Invention of Lying,’ ‘I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell’
· Oscar predictions: ‘The Hurt Locker’ won’t be hurting
· Online Film Critics Society 2009 awards nominees
· Gambit (review)
· question of the day: What actor could most use the Coen Brothers as a director?
· True Grit (review)
· question of the day: What’s your dream actor/director pairing, and what kind of movie would they make?
· watch it: “Raising 2012”
Paramount hand-picks critics it thinks will like ‘G.I. Joe’
the oh-no! DVD of the week: ‘Guys Gone Wild: College Boys Exposed - Platinum Edition’