oh-no DVD of the week: ‘Bridal Fever’ or ‘God Send Me a Man’?
Oh, I can’t decide which one I hate more! Could it be God Send Me a Man, from Tyler Perry’s brother Emmbre Perry?
Stacy is a promiscuous 20-something woman who is quick to judge those around her and has nothing but bad luck in love. One day Stacy decides to re-evaluate her life in the hopes of finding Mr. Right. Realizing that her loose ways are setting a bad example to her younger siblings she decides to attend prayer service and forms a bound with God that is sure to bring happiness and balance in her life.
Because the Almighty’s got nothing else better to do than find Stacy a boyfriend!
Or could it be Bridal Fever?
An editor (Andrea Roth) looking for a husband is advised by her new client, a famous romance novelist (Delta Burke) whose personal life outshines fiction. But once her search nears fruition, Gwen (Roth) must decide if true love comes from a formula or from a more unexpected place.
Oh, we women are just hopeless when it comes to finding a man, which is particularly weird, because we spend our lives doing nothing else but trying to find a man. You’d think we’d be good at it by now!
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Tue Jan 19 10, 11:48AM
join the conversation:
10 pre-Disqus comments
by MaryAnn Johanson
· Tyler Perry tells Spike Lee to go to hell; an apology for ‘Superman Returns’; Canadians hate loud TV ads; more: leftover links
· question of the day: Which classic film would make for the most unlikely Hollywood blockbuster remake?
· the first image from the Evil Dead remake is seriously not groovy (and other adventures in social networking)
· Alex Cross (trailer)
· Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection (trailer)
· question of the day: What is Hollywood’s problem with Red Tails?
· Courageous (trailer)
· things you need to know: Tyler Perry is the best-paid man in Hollywood in 2011
· question of the day: What would be the ultimate awful summer movie?
· question of the day: What aspect of modern entertainment would most disappoint Martin Luther King Jr. today?
question of the day: What other book should Eli have been carrying through the apocalypse?
not screening for critics: the 2010 list -- the first: ‘Legion’