name a seat for David Tennant in the new RSC theater in Stratford-upon-Avon
This news is two weeks old, so it might be moot at this point (though I suspect not), but readers of the fan site David Tennant The Site are raising money to endow a seat in his name in the new theater under construction at the Royal Shakespeare Company’s home base in Stratford-upon-Avon. All the details about how to donate and how to make sure your donation goes to the Tennant seat are here.
That’s Tennant photographed recently in the half-finished theater -- he was helping to raise awareness of the ongoing Take a Seat project, which doesn’t just involve him. Seats may be named for anyone -- actors who have already had a seat named after them include David Suchet, John Thaw, Ian Richardson and Dame Peggy Ashcroft -- and the money raised will help the RSC in its ongoing refurbishing. More info on the RSC’s transformation can be found here.
As regular readers of this site are aware, I’ve spent some time in Stratford over the past two years and am huge fan of RSC productions. I would love to get back there again this year to see more theater and check out the RSC’s new facilities. I dunno if I’ll be able to make it happen, but I’m hoping...
(Thanks to reader Martha for the heads-up on the Take a Seat appeal.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Sun Jan 24 10, 3:57PM
join the conversation:
4 pre-Disqus comments
by MaryAnn Johanson
· question of the day: Who’s your favorite Sherlock Holmes?
· Hamlet (review)
· David Tennant’s ‘Hamlet’ tomorrow night on PBS
· trailer break: David Tennant’s ‘Hamlet’ on the BBC
· off to England again
· the show goes on without Tennant
· David Tennant in ‘Love’s Labour’s Lost’
· getting psyched for ‘Love’s Labour's Lost’ with David Tennant
· Stratford-upon-Avon photo of the day: flying words at the RSC
· Stratford-upon-Avon photo of the day: the Black Swan pub (aka the Dirty Duck)
retro trailer: ‘Howard the Duck’
‘Caprica’ blogging: ‘Pilot’