because the military-industrial-entertainment complex Fox Mulder warned us about is real
Remember those two big skyscrapers that used to be in lower Manhattan? Remember how they fell to the ground? Never happened. It was all CGI:
Malaysia’s former premier Mahathir Mohamad said on Wednesday there was “strong evidence” the US faked the September 11 terror attacks as an excuse to go to war against Muslims.
But you know what? Avatar ain’t nuthin’ and the 9/11 fakers are pikers. The U.S. has been faking stuff for decades. Like the moon landings. Yup. Stanley Kubrick directed it all from a studio. “Hermetic scholar” Jay Weidner reveals all here: the how and -- more importantly -- the why. Why the U.S. government needed to fake the images the public saw (because we actually used secret Nazi flying saucer technology to get to the moon, not stupid old rockets, which would never work anyway, duh) and why Kubrick agreed to do it (so he could have an unlimited budget for 2001: A Space Odyssey, and so he could make any movie he wanted, without restriction, for the rest of his life -- kinda like how the roughnecks in Armageddon didn’t want to pay taxes ever again).
Please note the really brilliant new twist in Jay Weidner’s theory. He explains that astronauts really did land on the moon, just not the way we saw it on TV: it’s just that the stuff we saw on TV that was faked. It’s a theory that’s almost impossible to falsify. Anyway, we know Kubrick stuff is all true because he totally left clues for us in The Shining. And also because Eyes Wide Shut was released theatrically 30 years to the day after the (supposed) launch of the first Apollo mission.
These have been your WTF Thoughts for the Day.
(Thanks to reader SM for the 9/11 link.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Thu Jan 28 10, 4:30PM
join the conversation:
48 pre-Disqus comments
by MaryAnn Johanson
2001 A Space Odyssey
Eyes Wide Shut
· wtf: AOL is still in the dialup business?
· WTF? Natasha Richardson 1963-2009
· question of the day: What awesome title (invented by you or others) would you like to see attached to a real movie?
· May 15: DVD alternatives to this weekend’s multiplex offerings
· ‘Life on Mars’ blogging: Episode 4
· quick list: five cold-weather movies that feel great in an NYC August
· the oh-no! DVD of the week: ‘Nazis - UFO Conspiracy’
· the oh-no! DVD of the week: ‘Michael Jackson: The Inside Story: What Killed the King of Pop?’
· why no ‘Harry Potter’ this fall?
· The Tree of Life (trailer)
trailer break: ‘To Save a Life’
Tilda Swinton = Conan O’Brien