Jon Stewart loves Barbie; should government support the arts?; learning Na’vi; more: leftover links
Every week my browser gets cluttered up with tabs for stuff that I stumble across and figure I might be able to use as a Question of the Day or a WTF Thought for the Day or grist for some other post. And inevitably, I end the week with most of that material unused. But there’s no reason to let this stuff go to waste: I can still share it with you, for your amusement, and start the new week with a clean slate.
Herewith this week’s leftover links, in no particular order:
and a reaction:
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Sun Apr 04 10, 12:55PM
join the conversation:
4 pre-Disqus comments
by MaryAnn Johanson
bread and circuses
· porn for women; Edward Norton steps down as the Hulk (will David Tennant step up?); more: leftover links
· question of the day: Is the NC-17 rating doomed?
· wtf: Steven Slater: The Reality Show
· question of the day: Does Jet Blue flight attendant Steven Slater deserve to be a folk hero?
· question of the day: Who is your dream celebrity casting of a celebrity?
· question of the day: Is Christopher Eccleston too old to play John Lennon?
· Warren Beatty vs Pauline Kael, MacGruber movie in trouble, more: leftover links
· question of the day: How much should the federal government censor American broadcast television?
· Fox News has no sense of humor; where the heck is the original ‘Tron’?; entire ‘Walking Dead’ writing staff fired; more: leftover links
· who is Ebert protege Ignatiy Vishnevetsky?; Hollywood hates Netflix; the FCC delivers smackdowns to broadcasting’s old guard; more: leftover links
watch it: “The Muppets: Stand By Me”
retro trailer: ‘The Greatest Story Ever Told’