retro trailer: ‘1776’
Take a look back at an old trailer...
Happy Fourth of July to my readers in the U.S. (To everyone else, happy Sunday.) It’s as disgusting in Philadelphia today -- and in New York, too -- as it was on this same day 234 years ago, as they all sing about here (well, in the movie, not in the trailer). At least we don’t have to wear wigs, corsets, and other such torture devices anymore, which must have been horrible in this kind of heat and humidity.
(I reviewed this for Fourth of July a decade ago.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Sun Jul 04 10, 2:37PM
join the conversation:
9 pre-Disqus comments
by MaryAnn Johanson
· question of the day: Do you have seasonal movies that are an annual ritual (other than Christmas movies)?
· dream cast: imaginary movie about the American Revolution
· The Exorcist (retro trailer)
· The Little Prince (retro trailer)
· Straw Dogs (1971) (retro trailer)
· The Frisco Kid (retro trailer)
· Bedknobs and Broomsticks (fanmade retro trailer)
· retro trailer: ‘Carrie’
· retro trailer: ‘Halloween’
· retro trailer: ‘The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes’ Smarter Brother’
don't blame Tom Cruise for 'Knight and Day'; Hollywood still loves Comic Con; more: leftover links
question of the day: Are holidays a good time to go to the movies?