trailer break: ‘Made in Dagenham’
Take a break from work: watch a trailer...
This is already getting Oscar buzz for Sally Hawkins, who was so wonderful in Happy-Go-Lucky and looks to be here, too. And it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser: the subject matter could have made for a heavy, gritty film, but it’s from director Nigel Cole, whose Calendar Girls was pretty frothy.
I’m looking forward to this one...
Made in Dagenham opens in the U.K. on October 1, and in the U.S. and Canada on November 19.
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Tue Aug 10 10, 12:47PM
join the conversation:
2 pre-Disqus comments
by MaryAnn Johanson
· 'Harry Potter' beats up 'Star Wars'; Michael Caine, psychic author; TV getting gayer; more: leftover links
· Alliance of Women Film Journalists 2010 EDA Awards nominees
· Happy-Go-Lucky (review)
· trailer break: ‘Happy-Go-Lucky’
· Alliance of Women Film Journalists’ 2008 EDA Awards winners
· question of the day: How big a problem is it that Hollywood no longer makes movies about blue-collar, working-class people?
· female gazing at: Rupert Graves
· new DVD releases in Region 1 and Region 2, week of March 9, 2009
· Yes Man (review)
· my week at the movies: ‘The Women,’ ‘Burn After Reading,’ ‘Bangkok Dangerous,’ ‘Happy-Go-Lucky’
the oh-no! DVD of the week: ‘Graphic Sexual Horror: Special Edition’
wtf: ‘The Other Guys’ insults Wall Street, which is nothing but kind and noble and beneficient