question of the day: Are there any celebrity breakups we actually need to know about?
Oh noes! Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds are getting a divorce! Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens have broken up! Those two actors from Dexter who got married are splitting! Where will it all end? And at the holidays, no less! So sad!
Why are people so invested in the love lives of celebrities? Is it a kind of escapism? Is it about fantasizing oneself in a relationship with someone famous? Is all the gossip and glee over breakups then merely continuation of the fantasy: Hey, Scarlett is free! Maybe she’ll marry me next!
I never understand why stuff like this is news.
Are there any celebrity breakups we actually need to know about?
I can’t think of any...
(If you have a suggestion for a QOTD, feel free to email me. Responses to this QOTD sent by email will be ignored; please post your responses here.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Thu Dec 16 10, 10:47AM
join the conversation:
talk amongst yourselves
by MaryAnn Johanson
· question of the day: What do you think of the Golden Globe winners?
· the audacity of Lena Dunham (and other adventures in social networking)
· FX overload is killing next season’s TV; Sammy Hagar comes out as alien infiltree and crazy person; Brad Pitt’s ‘World War Z’ probably dead; more: leftover links
· Rodrigo Garcia on making movies about women (interview)
· question of the day: Why is there such a voracious appetite for naked-celebrity photos?
· High School Musical 3: Senior Year (review)
· Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (review)
· August 14: DVD alternatives to this weekend’s multiplex offerings
· Bandslam (review)
· my week at the movies: ‘Inglourious Basterds,’ ‘District 9’ (again), ‘9,’ ‘Shorts,’ ‘Bandslam,’ ‘Fifty Dead Men Walking,’ ‘The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard,’ ‘Ponyo,’ ‘Paper Heart’ (maybe)
watch it: 1980s Christmas Flinstones Fruity Pebbles commercial
female gazing at: Thomas Kretschmann