we are beyond satire: BP oil spill movie coming soon!
In the Guardian today:
A drama showing the courage of workers on board the Deepwater Horizon rig in the moments leading up to April's disastrous oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico looks set for the big screen.
Hoorah! The human spirit triumphs! No mention of all the dead marine life of the Gulf of Mexico and the destroyed economies of the Gulf Coast states. Such a downer!
So: Who’s gonna play Tony Hayward? so called Michael Sheen way back last June. I predict his Oscar-clip moment will come when he congratulates all the rig workers for getting their lives back after they thought they were gonna die. There won’t be a dry eye in the house.
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Wed Mar 09 11, 7:28PM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
· Michael Sheen is *so* going to play Tony Hayward...
· question of the day: Is there still an as yet untapped potential for ubiquitous cameras to give power back to the public?
· question of the day: Have we finally entered the post-satire world?
· watch it: the 6/5/10 weekly address from President Barack Obama
· Fox News has no sense of humor; where the heck is the original ‘Tron’?; entire ‘Walking Dead’ writing staff fired; more: leftover links
· porn for women; Edward Norton steps down as the Hulk (will David Tennant step up?); more: leftover links
· calling bullshit: on Anderson Cooper (and the rest of the corporate media)
· Robert Pattinson, descendant of Dracula; Daniel Radcliffe heads to the Western Front; Weird Al to take on Lady Gaga?: more
· watch it: “Bicycle Rush Hour Utrecht (Netherlands)”
· watch it: “Jeremy Jackson: How we wrecked the ocean”
trailer break: ‘The Resident’
say good-bye to grownup horror movies...