you know what sucks? the official ‘X-Men: First Class’ posters
Please to check out the new official U.K. poster for X-Men: First Class:
Blah. But at least it’s not as bad as one of the official U.S. posters:
That’s so appalling bad I figure it can only be a joke, or perhaps a child’s first experimentation with Photoshop. Except it isn’t. Someone got paid a shit-ton of money to create that poster.
You know what doesn’t suck? This fan poster by artist Phil Noto of Your Nice New Outfit:
This fan poster by Dane Forst doesn’t suck, either:
Both of those fan poster are available at the X-Men movies Facebook page, so clearly Fox knows about them, and is aware of the talent and passion fans can bring to something like X-Men. So why are they paying gods know what sort of small fortune to the supposed designers who made those crappy official posters?
On the other hand, perhaps X-Men: First Class the movie in fact lacks the verve and creativity the fan posters suggest. Perhaps Fox is engaging in truth-in-advertising by offering us bland, limp official posters.
If that’s the case, then thank you, 20th Century Fox.
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Fri Apr 22 11, 3:13PM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
· Saturday cute: Imperial star destroyer sneaker
· win an X-Men T-shirt
· inconsistent embargo ugliness rears its ugly head again with ‘X-Men: First Class’
· question of the day: Has Hollywood abandoned young men?
· question of the day: Has 2011 been the best year for science fiction films ever?
· my reads: ‘The Hunger Games’ trilogy
· Captain America: The First Avenger (review)
· question of the day: Do you find Mystique -- ‘X-Men’s scaly, blue-skinned shapeshifting mutant -- beautiful?
· question of the day: What should be the plot and setting for ‘The Hangover Part III’?
· question of the day: Would you enjoy an action/comic-book movie franchise that gave us two or four small movies in a single year rather than one huge one every four years?
‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: Sarah Jane’s farewell to the Doctor
watch it: “Shiba Inu Puppy Cam”