blame Twitter for Wil Wheaton’s nonblogging; ‘Shit My Dad Says’ shitcanned; Catherine Tate may take over ‘The Office’; more: leftover links
Every week my browser gets cluttered up with tabs for stuff that I stumble across and figure I might be able to use as a Question of the Day or a WTF Thought for the Day or grist for some other post. And inevitably, I end the week with most of that material unused. But there's no reason to let this stuff go to waste: I can still share it with you, for your amusement, and start the new week with a clean slate.
Herewith this week's leftover links, in no particular order:
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Sun May 22 11, 10:46PM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
Cannes Film Festival
Lars von Trier
Los Angeles Times
Pirates of the Caribbean
Shit My Dad Says
Tree of Life
We Need to Talk About Kevin
· question of the day: Who should replace Larry King? Who deserves his or her own high-profile talk show?
· because Hollywood is -- truly and at last -- creatively bankrupt
· question of the day: If Web sites can be sitcoms now -- the upcoming Friend Me is about Groupon -- what sites should be TV shows next?
· question of the day: Does American TV portray gays and lesbians better than British TV does?
· watch it: “Denmark Introduces Harrowing New Tourism Ads Directed By Lars Von Trier”
· no more sitting down and shutting up for women in Hollywood?
· October 2: DVD alternatives to this weekend’s multiplex offerings
· my week at the movies: ‘Away We Go,’ ‘Food, Inc.,’ ‘Lovely by Surprise,’ ‘My Life in Ruins,’ ‘Whatever Works’ (plus ‘Up’)
· question of the day: What if ‘Fawlty Towers’ didn’t exist?
· AWFJ announces 2011 awards
no ‘Doctor Who’ blogging on “The Rebel Flesh” till tonight
‘Doctor Who’ blogging: “The Rebel Flesh”