‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: Just who the hell is River Song, anyway?
Simon Brew Den of Geek has given us a wonderfully silly, wonderfully exasperated rundown of the possibilities we’re grappling with when we contemplate the mystery of River Song. Here are the bullet points:
• SHE’S THE DOCTOR’S WIFE!
I urge you to enjoy all his wild -- and not so wild -- speculations in full (and then come back here).
I think I might be happiest if we learn that River really is “just” someone the Doctor has had/will have/is having a passionate romantic relationship with. I guess that’s the fangirl fanfic writer in me, but I think I will be a little disappointed if River turns out to be Amy, or the Rani, or anyone else we’ve already met, but in disguise all this time. I like to think about the Doctor being happy, if only for isolated moments, and if only for a little while. Doesn’t he deserve that?
Also, I do hope that whatever happens, it means Alex Kingston gets to be in a helluva lot more Doctor Who, because she is pretty much the most awesome babe ever.
Whom do you hope River will turn out to be? Or does it not matter to you as long as the story is well told?
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Wed May 18 11, 3:25PM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
· Doctor Who thing of the day: a brief history of facial hair on Doctor Who
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Season 7 premiere set for Sep 1
· Doctor Who thing of the day: how to relax and learn to love continuity errors
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Matt Smith and... Alex Kingston’s driving double?
· Doctor Who thing of the day: the Doctor’s worst enemy? fans
· Doctor Who thing of the day: River Song almost got really naughty
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: Time Lord and companions as cats
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: in which we see the violence inherent in the system (re ‘Torchwood’: “Miracle Day”)
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: Neil Gaiman talks about writing for ‘Doctor Who’
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: Is ‘Doctor Who’ for geeks?
watch it: “The Rapture”
question of the day: How can ‘NCIS,’ the most-watched, most-loved TV show in America, be so absent from online fandom?