Maria Shriver leaked Arnie’s shame; Alan Rickman’s awesome open letter to J.K. Rowling; Disney abandons ‘Seal Team 6’ trademark; more: leftover links
Every week my browser gets cluttered up with tabs for stuff that I stumble across and figure I might be able to use as a Question of the Day or a WTF Thought for the Day or grist for some other post. And inevitably, I end the week with most of that material unused. But there's no reason to let this stuff go to waste: I can still share it with you, for your amusement, and start the new week with a clean slate.
(This will be the last edition of Leftover Links. Starting this week, I’ll be posting quickie posts about the sorts of things that have been ending up here.)
Herewith this week's leftover links, in no particular order:
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Mon May 30 11, 11:21PM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
Cannes Film Festival
Pirates of the Caribbean
Seal Team 6
· Facebook smears Google; Disney trademarks “Seal Team 6”; men made ‘Bridesmaids’ suck; more: leftover links
· I miss MST3K so very very much (and other adventures in social networking)
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: ‘Today’s Meredith Vieira gets to visit the TARDIS even though she doesn’t know a damn thing about the show
· Joss Whedon will direct 'Avengers'; much ado about 'Inception' and 'Mad Men'; celebrity stalkers; more: leftover links
· wtf: ESPN lets LeBron James dictate the news, ScienceBlogs lets Pepsi dictate science...
· question of the day: Have we reached a point of cultural stagnation?
· Honey Boo Boo in trash (and other adventures in social networking)
· Michael Bay is rebooting Transformers (and other adventures in social networking)
· question of the day: What’s the best -- or worst -- nonactor celebrity cameo you can think of?
· question of the day: Who should replace Larry King? Who deserves his or her own high-profile talk show?
imagine if I wrote this...
question of the day: Is the biggest Memorial Day weekend ever a reboot for in-the-doldrums Hollywood, or just a blip on the radar?