retro ad: 1980s Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear commercial
In keeping with this week’s web-video-of-the-day theme, this isn’t an old 80s TV ad -- though it’s a convincing fake -- but a bit of viral marketing for Toy Story 3. Lotso is, of course, a creation of the Pixar team, as Woody and Buzz are, and not a real toy. But work like this adds to the sense of plausibility. Don’t you kinda sorta remember your little sister or cousin having a Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear?
There’s a fake 80s Japanese version, too:
It’s the VHS glitches that sell it. Very clever use of viral video.
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Thu Jul 28 11, 6:40PM
join the conversation:
web video of the day
by MaryAnn Johanson
· watch it: “Ape With AK-47”
· trailer break: ‘The Graduates’
· question of the day: Are Pixar movies released too close together for each of them to get classic status?
· ‘Toy Story 3’ continues to tear up the British box office
· question of the day: Are the artists at Pixar collectively today’s Leonardo da Vinci?
· male gaze alert: ‘Toy Story 3’ short “Day and Night”
· question of the day: What would you like to see in a ‘Toy Story 4’?
· Toy Story 3 (review)
· question of the day: What’s the weirdest movie or TV product tie-in you can imagine?
· "Journalist Wanted. No Pay." ugh (and other adventures in social networking)
gorgeous painted ‘Avengers’ posters will make you fall in love with movies again
dumb yourself down to succeed online