watch it: “Portal: No Escape”
Reader Pieter-Jan sent me a link to this video, riffing on the game Portal -- and I thank him -- but I’d already found it via Badass Digest, where Devin Faraci says:
[Filmmaker Dan] Trachtenberg isn’t even making a comment on Portal, or using Portal to address another interesting issue or idea. It’s just a straight up Portal movie. There’s no deeper thought than ‘This is what a Portal movie would look like.’
I agree with him. I don’t see why this is a big deal. It’s no different than, say, Skyline, my worst movie of 2010, which I decried because it was nothing but an FX showcase. That’s all this short is.
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Tue Aug 30 11, 8:07PM
join the conversation:
web video of the day
by MaryAnn Johanson
· question of the day: How could TV be more experimental?
· what he said: Devin Faraci at Badass Digest...
· question of the day: How much can George Lucas alter ‘Star Wars’ before it’s no longer ‘Star Wars’?
· inconsistent embargo ugliness rears its ugly head again with ‘X-Men: First Class’
· question of the day: Has the nature of the modern movie geek changed?
· reviews of ‘Watchmen’ embargoed! or not!
· Razzie nominations are in!
· the worst movies of 2010
· trailer break: ‘Falling Skies’
· NBC is sooo regretting letting Conan go; new Wolverine movie is called ‘The Wolverine’; BBC continues to employ David Tennant and John Simm; more: leftover links
Doctor Who thing of the day: Daleks on Twitter
London photo of the day: narrow streets of Southwark