must reads: “6 Things the Film Industry Doesn’t Want You to Know About” at Film School Rejects
Ashe Cantrell at Film School Rejects is angry:
You may already be a film industry cynic. Maybe you think Hollywood is a barren wasteland, devoid of creativity and originality. Maybe you’re sick of seeing talented people get ignored and vapid hacks get splashed all over the trades. Maybe you’re tired of 3D everything and having to re-buy your movies every five to ten years.
The six things are:
6. Tricky Hollywood Accounting
You may already be familiar with some of these things that Hollywood would rather you didn’t know. But you really must go read Cantrell’s “shit storm” to see how they all hang together to make Hollywood one not-very-nice place.
(Thanks to Darryl for the link. If you stumble across a must-read link, feel free to email me.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Tue Sep 20 11, 10:59PM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
· question of the day: What TV shows that aren’t on DVD should be?
· the Internet demands authenticity? (and other adventures in social networking)
· question of the day: Is J.J. Abrams being a troll when he says, “If you’re so smart, you come up with a better ending for ‘Lost’”?
· question of the day: Are honorary Oscars bullshit?
· wtf: ‘The Other Guys’ insults Wall Street, which is nothing but kind and noble and beneficient
· question of the day: Is it a spoiler to reveal that ‘The Fourth Kind’ is a total fakeout?
· must reads: “What *Could* Have Entered the Public Domain on January 1, 2012?”
· must reads: “The 20 Unhappiest People You Meet In The Comments Sections Of Year-End Lists”
· must reads: “‘New Year’s Eve’: 10 Things That Could Never Happen as They Happened”
· must reads: “Animated Children’s Films: You Say Princess Like It’s a Bad Thing”
watch it: “Qwest - Every Movie”