Doctor Who thing of the day: videos from David Tennant’s wrap party go public
I’m not sure why these videos have turned up now, because everyone involved is still alive and blackmailable, but here they are. At the wrap party for David Tennant’s tenure on Doctor Who, this video was shown, in which pretty much the entirety of the production staff and crew lip-synch to the Proclaimers’ “500 Miles.” Warning: Dancing Ood and dancing Adipose in this one. And other dancing monsters. And a delighted-looking David Tenant over and over again:
Two things I learned from this: Man, they must have shot bits and pieces of this over months and months. And boy, David Tennant really likes the Proclaimers.
Also shown was this video, in which Tennant, Catherine Tate, and John Barrowman perform “The Ballad of Russell and Julie”... for Tennant’s departure from the show was also that of showrunners Russell T. Davies and Julie Gardner. It seems their efforts did not go unappreciated:
Thanks to Rach, Hank, Monica, Erik, Jo, and Keith for sending links. Sorry if I’ve missed anyone else!
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Tue Nov 01 11, 10:00AM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
Russell T Davies
· Doctor Who: The Complete Specials (review)
· Doctor Who: The Complete Fourth Series (review)
· question of the day: What Comic Con programming will you kick yourself for missing?
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: Torchwood news!
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: Russell Davies and Julie Gardner talk about rebooting the show
· ‘Doctor Who’ blogging: “Journey’s End”
· ‘Doctor Who’ blogging: “The Stolen Earth”
· John Simm to return for David Tennant’s ‘Doctor Who’ finale
· okay, okay: Michelle Ryan will be appearing on ‘Doctor Who’
· ‘Doctor Who’ blogging: “Turn Left”
J. Edgar (trailer)
watch it: “13 out of 99 Part I”