Doctor Who thing of the day: does the TARDIS appear in Sherlock: “The Hounds of Baskerville”?
[NO spoilers for “Hounds” in this post!]
Click here for a much larger version, without the red arrow. Here’s a zoom in on the area from that large version:
On Twitter, Steven Moffat said:
Sue says that isn't the TARDIS, it was a lighting thing. But by my cuff links, what ELSE could it be???
Sue is, I presume, Sherlock producer Sue Vertue. She’s also Moffat’s wife.
Here’s the image in context (sort of; the theme music has been overlaid):
What’s notable in the video is that we can tell that it’s clearly an object. If it was a “lighting thing,” it would disappear or change as the camera moved.
What do you think? Is it just a weird optical illusion? A piece of production equipment that accidentally got in shot? Or a deliberate in-joke?
(Can you imagine the Doctor meeting Sherock? They’d hate each other, and always be trying to outsmart and outsuperior each other.)
Thanks to Neima for the Combom link. H/t @TheDailyEmma for the video.
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Mon Jan 16 12, 11:32AM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: nobody knows what the hell is going on with Season 7, not even Twitter
· if only Great Expectations had a moral (and other adventures in social networking)
· dying to see Moffat’s ‘Sherlock’
· Doctor Who thing of the day: how is Doctor Who like Sherlock?
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: Steven Moffat talks ‘A Christmas Carol’
· Sherlock blogging: “A Scandal in Belgravia”
· Sherlock: Series 1 (review)
· The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (review)
· omg: a modern Sherlock Holmes from Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss? I’m so there
· Sherlock blogging: “The Reichenbach Fall”
Moonrise Kingdom (trailer)
watch it: Uggie visits the offices of the Guardian...