Doctor Who thing of the day: comic crossover with Star Trek coming from IDW
From Bleeding Cool:
Bleeding Cool has squirrelled out news of an upcoming crossover that might send certain minds reeling. That in May, IDW are to publish a Doctor Who/Star Trek: The Next Generation crossover series. Featuring The Doctor, Rory, Amy, Captain Picard, Worf, Data, Geordi LaForge, Deanna Troi, Will Riker and the rest. And that this art, featuring the Doctor, Rory and Amy on the bridge of the Enterprise is a cover that will be used in the series.
Of course, this idea will not be unfamiliar to fans. The very first piece of fan fiction I ever read was the early 1980s fan novella The Doctor and the Enterprise, by Jean Airey, which may be the most famous piece of Doctor Who fan fiction ever. (Read it online here.)
Your hopes for the comic? Think it’ll be any good?
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Mon Feb 13 12, 11:22AM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: IDW comic returns in 2011 with Matt Smith’s Doctor
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Neil Gaiman’s Cybermen script left in the back of a Cardiff cab
· Doctor Who thing of the day: that movie that David Yates was supposedly bullshitting about? it’s happening
· Doctor Who thing of the day: a BBC TV drama about the creation of Doctor Who?
· inconsistent embargo ugliness rears its ugly head again with ‘X-Men: First Class’
· Doctor Who thing of the day: why Doctor Who isn’t just for kids
· Doctor Who thing of the day: sonic your teeth
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Is the Doctor a god for our times?
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: 50th anniversary ideas, please...
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: eating the Doctor
The Bourne Legacy (trailer)
watch it: a capella science fiction music