4:44 Last Day on Earth (trailer)
I’m gonna go out on a limb and predict that this one will be less fun than Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which at this moment appears to be the cheeriest movie about the apocalypse yet.
And I’m also gonna have to start thinking about what’s behind the spate of apocalypse movies we’re getting inundated with, particularly ones in which there simply is no escape, no rescue for humanity. (See also: Melancholia, and even Another Earth sorta falls into that same category.) Are we really feeling such cultural despair at the moment? I guess we are.
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Thu Mar 15 12, 12:07PM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
North America release date:
Mar 23 2012
· Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (trailer)
· Ted (review)
· Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (review)
· Melancholia (trailer)
· trailer break: ‘Another Earth’
· Sound of My Voice (review)
· watch it: “Musical Saw in the NYC Subway”
· AWFJ announces 2011 awards
· female gazing at: William Mapother
· Another Earth (review)
question of the day: What’s the worst movie theme song ever?
Doctor Who thing of the day: this is how juicy a drama about the creation of the show could be