Doctor Who thing of the day: sophisticated TARDIS scarf
Kate Atherley, tech editor at Knitty, tells a terrible tale of oppression:
When I was a teenager, I insisted my mother knit me a Doctor Who scarf. Although the colors weren’t precisely right, it was exactly what I wanted: an absurdly long, multicolored scarf with a generous fringe. I wore it for years. And years. I was still wearing it when I finished university and started my first proper job.
Horrible. (And if you take a look at Atherley’s headshot at the bottom of this Knitty page, you can see that the scarf isn’t particularly Who-ish: it’s just funky and fabulous. I pity the small unfunky minds that cannot cope with it.) But Atherley turned it around and used it as inspiration. It led her to create her wonderful “sophisticated, grown-up take on the Doctor Who scarf”:
Head over to Knitty for complete instructions for making one yourself.
Thanks to Jessika for the link.
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Thu Apr 26 12, 2:14PM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
· Doctor Who thing of the day: seven-year-old Ethan is a secret Dalek!
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Doctor Who at the London New Year’s Day parade
· Doctor Who thing of the day: con-JU-GATE! CONNN-JUUU-GAAAATE!
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Time Machine Jewelry...
· Doctor Who thing of the day: the Doctor and Doc Brown in rap-off smackdown!
· Doctor Who thing of the day: way cool fan-toon “Blink to the Future”
· Doctor Who thing of the day: your very own crack in the universe in your wall
· Doctor Who thing of the day: gruesomely cute Gallifreycrumb Tinies
· Doctor Who thing of the day: augmented-reality TARDIS really is bigger on the inside (sort of)
· Doctor Who thing of the day: festive Dalek
retro ad: 1960s Coke commercial: Coke keeps you thin!