question of the day: What things have you wanted to learn more about or try yourself after seeing it in a movie?
Do a quick Google search on Hunger Games archery, and you’ll learn that the film is inspiring people to take up the sport. Which is hardly surprising: as soon as a movie makes something look cool, everyone wants to try it. (If one must be inspired by this movie, taking up archery is better than setting your prom dress on fire.)
Ages ago, reader John sent in a QOTD suggestion that seems appropriate now:
What things have you wanted to learn more about or try yourself after seeing it in a movie?
And don’t forget: Archery lessons on the promenade deck at 1pm!
(If you have a suggestion for a QOTD, feel free to email me. Responses to this QOTD sent by email will be ignored; please post your responses here.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Fri Apr 06 12, 8:46AM
join the conversation:
talk amongst yourselves
by MaryAnn Johanson
· question of the day: Is it okay for female action heroes to use sex as a superpower?
· question of the day: What do you think of the Katniss Everdeen Barbie?
· question of the day: Has the era of the female hero arrived?
· question of the day: How soon is too soon to start talking about next year’s Oscars?
· question of the day: What makes a good book-to-film adaptation?
· question of the day: What should we call fans of The Hunger Games?
· question of the weekend: Should writers be encouraged to write multivolume novels?
· question of the day: What is your most anticipated movie of 2012?
· Red Dawn (trailer)
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Grover and Cookie Monster sing Doctor Who!
London photo of the day: spring is trying to sprung