question of the day: Who else is fed up with weirdly unfunny big-screen remakes of tired old TV shows?
Today’s question comes from bronxbee, who wants to know:
am i the only one who is kind of tired of all these smug, weird, supposed to be funny movies of old tv show? the Addams Family, great... Bewitched not so much... Brady Bunch hilarious... Honeymooners, not. it's too much with too little... getting kind of tired of Burton's peculiar brand of mining his own childhood.
And she hasn’t even seen Dark Shadows -- her rage was prompted merely by the advertising for the movie.
So: is she alone? Who else is fed up with weirdly unfunny big-screen remakes of tired old TV shows?
(If you have a suggestion for a QOTD, feel free to email me. Responses to this QOTD sent by email will be ignored; please post your responses here.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Fri May 11 12, 11:30AM
join the conversation:
talk amongst yourselves
by MaryAnn Johanson
· Aliens in the Attic (review)
· Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (review)
· Doctor Who thing of the day: David Tennant in places he shouldn’t be!
· Wednesday Addams cannot break bread with you
· Syfy ruins ‘Being Human’
· Despicable Me (review)
· Thicker Than Water: The Vampire Diaries Part 1 (review)
· Frankenweenie (review)
· how Biff from Back to the Future deals with fans (and other adventures in social networking)
· Dark Shadows (review)
London photo of the day: creativity across the centuries
Chernobyl Diaries (trailer)