nice analysis of why Princess Leia is so damn cool (and other adventures in social networking)
The Olympic Ticket Scalper with Sir Patrick Stewart, Ryan Lochte, Simon Pegg & Maisie Williams from Patrick Stewart
• Plagiarism! Everybody’s doing it! Fareed Zakaria Apologizes for ‘Close Similarities’ Between Column and New Yorker Article
• Nice analysis of why Leia is so damn cool. Can We Talk About Why We Really Love Princess Leia?
• Fuck this shit. If it's wrong for a woman athlete to cash in on her looks, then the entities to be shamed are the corporations doing the selling, not the women trying to make a living. If we want Olympians to focus solely on their sport, then they need to get some sort of federal financial support. People gotta pay the rent, even Olympic athletes. That New York Times Piece on Lolo Jones Got a Lot Right about Women in Sports
• It's not permanent: it'll be a channel for only a month. But it's kinda cool that that's technologically possible. James Bond to get his own Sky channel
• All Bible stories should be this hot. First Look: Russell Crowe Looks Grizzled in Darren Aronofsky's 'Noah'
(hat-tip for today’s links: Angela, PJK)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Fri Aug 10 12, 11:11PM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
· Game of Thrones S02 E03: “What Is Dead May Never Die”
· Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (review)
· the MPAA and male nudity; more battles between TV networks and cable providers; the Oscars race is on; more: leftover links
· pretty sure I will be able to watch the Oscars...
· HBO is coming to the U.K.
· Sherlock Holmes meets steampunk Iron Man (and other adventures in social networking)
· African Cats (review)
· question of the day: What actor who hasn’t already done so should play Ebenezer Scrooge?
· Hamlet (review)
· David Tennant’s ‘Hamlet’ tomorrow night on PBS
Jackpot (Arme Riddere) (review)
London photo of the day: sod the Olympics