look out for fake films! (and other adventures in social networking)
• If you're wondering which movies critics will be making ourselves crazy trying to see in time to vote for our awards, here ya go. Criticwire's Year-End Movie Cheat Sheet
• This is either a joke-but-not-really attempting to replicate the "success" of that "Friday" song, or it's a Dickensian tragedy about tween ragamuffins left to fend for themselves on Thanksgiving. Either way, it's probably the only music video to feature the making of stuffing. Nicole Westbrook - It's Thanksgiving (Official Video)
• Obviously, I need a pithier blog... Weird things customers say in bookstores, another blog-based book
• It's astonishing any movies get made at all. Get A Hollywood Studio To Green Light Your Picture, In 29 Easy Steps
• I love this! Universal 1913 exhibitor ad 'Look out for fake films'
Look out for fake films!
Sounds like The Asylum has been in business for longer than we thought...
• This seems obvious in retrospect. It also seems obvious that at least some of the people who were in the position to give him the greenlight had to have known what he was up to, and greenlit him anyway. Disgusting. Savile 'engineered' TV shows for child access
• Yup, TV meteorologists are a step *below* the people who introduce red-carpet clips on that show before the game show before prime-time. Rob Marciano Leaves CNN To Become ‘Entertainment Tonight’ Co-Host
• There’s a show on BBC Two right now that's basically a hip talk show about science. Celeb guests are theoretical physicists. Mind. Blown. Dara O Briain's Science Club
(hat-tips for today’s links: Edmund, Dan, @emmafgreen)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Tue Nov 13 12, 11:48PM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
Dara O Briain's Science Club
· Torchwood is real, maybe (probably not) (and other adventures in social networking)
· question of the day: How do we tame the excesses of fanboy culture?
· those Asylum mockbuster people have stepped on the wrong hairy hobbit toes (and other adventures in social networking)
· American Battleship (trailer)
· the oh-no! DVD of the week: ‘Battle of Los Angeles’
· the oh-no! DVD of the week: ‘Transmorphers: Fall of Man’
· imagine a David Cronenberg Return of the Jedi (and other adventures in social networking)
· what happens when multiplexes get rid of professional projectionists (and other adventures in social networking)
· stop the presses! Clark Kent quits The Daily Planet! (and other adventures in social networking)
· Klingon bride and groom celebrate with Borg cube cake (and other adventures in social networking)
Margin Call (review)
London photo of the day: and the people did pay homage to a representation of a forest god