more evidence that Nathan Fillion is awesome (not that you needed any) (and other adventures in social networking)
• Corporate publishers are *terrified* of the new ease of self-publishing... Random House + Penguin: What the Merger Means for Publishers, Authors, Readers
• The problem isn't that our slow-apocalypse-in-progress isn't cinematic. It's that it doesn't make for the kind of movies Hollywood likes today. It did once like them: see *Soylent Green,* for instance. (Hollywood wouldn't make such a movie today, though it might be an AMC Original Series.) Hurricane Sandy Was the Attack on NYC that Blockbusters Never Prepared Us For
• Give this guy a Major Award! This Costume Wins Halloween
• Another fantastic Halloween costume, this one for a father-baby team... Man and his baby daughter dress as a Powerloader from Aliens; entire world can't high-five enough in response.
• More evidence that Nathan Fillion is awesome (not that you needed any): Captain Canada.
(hat-tips for today’s links: @JoshSundquist, Being a Geek)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Thu Nov 01 12, 12:17AM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
· Doctor Who thing of the day: wanna read that Melody Malone novel the Doctor loved?
· watch it: “Batman vs. The Penguin: The Debate”
· beware phony IMAX screens
· Torchwood: Miracle Day: Episode 6: “The Middle Men” (review)
· question of the day: What’s the grossest food or eating-related movie or scene?
· ‘Doctor Who’ blogging: “The Beast Below”
· The Day the Earth Stood Still (review)
· FilmCritic.com is just totally gone (and other adventures in social networking)
· Raiders of the Lost Ark. in black and white. total cinemagasm (and other adventures in social networking)
· question of the day: Is it a good idea for Netflix and other digital providers to revive cancelled TV shows?
Doctor Who thing of the day: the Daleks want you to smoke
London photo of the day: long-term damage