World War Z (trailer)
This appears to bear little resemblance to Max Brooks’ novel. Which sucks for us. Because the book? [Amazon U.S.] [Amazon Canada] [Amazon U.K.] It made me cry. I’m not kidding. It’s an incredibly poignant journey through a postapocalyptic world, a collection of stories looking back at a zombie plague. The looking-back is part of what makes it so touching, and that’s not here, unless the trailer is wildly misleading.
I do like Brad Pitt a lot these days. So I’m still holding out a little hope...
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Mon Nov 12 12, 8:00AM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
North America release date:
Jun 21 2013
U.K. release date:
Jun 21 2013
· question of the day: Why are undead corpses dominating at the box office?
· FX overload is killing next season’s TV; Sammy Hagar comes out as alien infiltree and crazy person; Brad Pitt’s ‘World War Z’ probably dead; more: leftover links
· Joss Whedon will direct 'Avengers'; much ado about 'Inception' and 'Mad Men'; celebrity stalkers; more: leftover links
· question of the day: What 2013 movie are you most looking forward to?
· journalmalism: you’re soaking in it (and other adventures in social networking)
· question of the day: What is your most anticipated movie of 2012?
· question of the day: Why are zombies so popular?
· Killing Them Softly (trailer)
· Moneyball (trailer)
· trailer break: ‘Megamind’
question of the day: What film trends do you love, and which do you hate?
Doctor Who thing of the day: who is your favorite companion, and why?