Doctor Who thing of the day: sonic your teeth
I’m not joking when I say that I have given some thought to science-fiction dental issues. (And I’m not someone who has particularly suffered under our still medieval dental care. I thank fluoride in the water when I was growing up for the fact that I have been almost entirely untroubled by my teeth. But I always feel like a horse being inspected when the hygienist is scraping my teeth.) I’m sure that in the Federation, no one has to go to the dentist every six months for a cleaning: they just use a nanotech mouthwash every morning that washes away tartar and red wine stains, and they’re good to go. And I’m sure there’s a setting on the Doctor’s sonic screwdriver that vibrates away tartar without rattling one’s teeth.
Until these wonders of the future come to pass, we’ll have to make do with this new sonic screwdriver electric toothbrush. I doubt the vibrations it dispenses do anything that a nonpowered toothbrush can’t do, but still: perhaps it will inspire some little kid today to invent, in years to come, a proper futuristic way to clean our teeth.
Via Coolest Gadgets.
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Thu Dec 06 12, 11:21AM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
· Doctor Who thing of the day: TARDIS string lights, night light, desk lamp
· Doctor Who thing of the day: quite possibly the ugliest branded merch I’ve ever seen
· Doctor Who thing of the day: so you can just throw a TARDIS on any old thing now I guess
· Doctor Who thing of the day: take a shower with the Doctor
· Doctor Who thing of the day: this TARDIS is colder on the inside
· Doctor Who thing of the day: drink like a Dalek
· Doctor Who thing of the day: new universal remote control looks and works like a sonic screwdriver
· Playmobil Apple Store playset: April Fool’s joke?
· Doctor Who thing of the day: why Doctor Who isn’t just for kids
· Doctor Who thing of the day: comic crossover with Star Trek coming from IDW
Star Trek Into Darkness (trailer)
The Oranges (review)