question of the day: How are you coping with Kate-is-pregnant-induced nausea?
By about five minutes after BBC News broke into actual important news that impacts people’s lives with the gossipy announcement that Kate Middleton, wife of Prince William, is pregnant, I was already feeling the onset of pregancy-related sickness.
And this morning, as I was just going about my business looking for entertainment news to be excited or snark about, I found this on Google News:
This was the top story. Really? More important than Lindsay Lohan’s latest breakdown?
The worse thing is that my snarking about nine months of liveblogging is far too optimistic. We’re in for 70 years of media frenzy about whoever this baby turns out to be, until he or she takes the throne in about 2082.
How are you coping with Kate-is-pregnant-induced nausea?
You won’t be able to avoid it, unless you become a hermit (which I don’t recommend) with no access to the Internet, television, radio, and whatever other mass communication devices are invented in coming years. Better have a plan.
I don’t have a plan, by the way. I fear I shall have to just suffer.
(If you have a suggestion for a QOTD, feel free to email me. Responses to this QOTD sent by email will be ignored; please post your responses here.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Tue Dec 04 12, 9:47AM
join the conversation:
talk amongst yourselves
by MaryAnn Johanson
· question of the day: What is the appeal of Madame Tussauds?
· is our children learning cinema etiquette? (and other adventures in social networking)
· royal wedding hype; ‘Hanna’s Joe Wright says ‘Sucker Punch’ is sexist; dear god no, there’s gonna be another ‘Tron’ flick; more: leftover links
· FX overload is killing next season’s TV; Sammy Hagar comes out as alien infiltree and crazy person; Brad Pitt’s ‘World War Z’ probably dead; more: leftover links
· question of the day: What holidays lacking horror movies should get them... and in what form?
· question of the day: What bits of pop culture are you feeling “iffy” about lately?
· London partying on royal wedding day (Part 2)
· London partying on royal wedding day (Part 1)
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: the Doctor crashed the royal wedding
· William & Kate (review)
Brussels photo of the day: the Grand Place by day
The Guilt Trip (trailer)