question of the weekend: What is your preferred hangover cure?
With New Year’s Eve almost upon us, there is a vital topic we must discuss:
What is your preferred hangover cure?
Prevention is, as always, the best cure, so I generally try to avoid getting so drunk I end up hungover the next morning -- no good time is worth losing the next morning (or, ahem, entire day) to. But in the event that prevention is not forthcoming, I tend to go with a simple curative. First, lots of water before I go to sleep, if I know I’ve drunk too much, to forestall the dehydration that is the main cause of a hangover. And then, the next day, gallons of tea, a bit of toast, and a long walk in the fresh air.
(If you have a suggestion for a QOTD/QOTW, feel free to email me. Responses to this QOTW sent by email will be ignored; please post your responses here.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Sat Dec 29 12, 11:21AM
join the conversation:
talk amongst yourselves
by MaryAnn Johanson
· question of the day: What classic films would you like to see inspire a new Star Wars movie?
· question of the day: How can we update archetypal stories and characters (such as Sherlock Holmes) to be more gender equitable?
· question of the day: Is Arrested Development on Netflix the future of “television”?
· question of the day: Who would be convinced to see a movie by a quote on an ad from a random guy on Twitter?
· question of the day: What do you think of the Golden Globe winners (and losers)?
· question of the weekend: If someone from the 1950s suddenly appeared today, what would be the most difficult thing to explain to them about life today?
· question of the day: Who would you like to see on a celebrity newscast?
· question of the day: What 2013 movie are you most looking forward to?
· question of the day: What movie event of 2012 will have the biggest impact in years to come?
· question of the day: Is local television dead?
London photo of the day: royal cookies
most popular posts on FlickFilosopher week of Dec 22-28 2012