Doctor Who thing of the day: David Bradley (aka Hogwarts’ caretaker Filch) to play William Hartnell in making-of movie
An Adventure in Space and Time, the BBC’s upcoming docudrama about the creation of Doctor Who in 1963, has cast its William Hartnell/First Doctor: David Bradley, best known as Filch in the Harry Potter movies. (He also appeared in the recent Doctor Who story “Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.”) Good choice, I’d say:
The rest of the cast, from The Guardian:
[T]he 90-minute drama will feature Hollywood and stage star [Brian] Cox as the BBC's head of drama Sydney Newman, who is credited with the creation of the show. [Call the Midwife's Jessica] Raines will play the show's legendary producer, Verity Lambert... Waris Hussein, the director of the first episode, which was called An Unearthly Child, will be played by Sacha Dhawan (Last Tango in Halifax, History Boys).
November 23 falls on a Saturday this year... as it did 50 years ago. Will An Adventure in Space and Time air that evening? Or will that be the day the 50th-anniversay special airs? Or could we get a big prezzie and get both on the same night? The suspense is killing me...
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Thu Jan 31 13, 8:00AM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
Adventure in Space and Time
· Doctor Who thing of the day: this is how juicy a drama about the creation of the show could be
· Doctor Who thing of the day: now that Series 7 production is underway, what do you hope we’ll get?
· Doctor Who thing of the day: a BBC TV drama about the creation of Doctor Who?
· Doctor Who thing of the day: An Adventure in Time and Space to tell the story of the show’s creation
· Ironclad (review)
· best and worst movie quotes of 2010
· Red (review)
· watch it: “Brian Cox Masterclass with Theo”
· Doctor Who thing of the day: missing 1960s episodes found
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: 50th anniversary ideas, please...
Happy People: A Year in the Taiga (trailer)