Doctor Who thing of the day: get yer $155 $2 New Zealand TARDIS coin
The New Zealand Mint will soon be issuing an official BBC-licensed legal-tender Doctor Who coin. It’s available to purchase for $155, but if you spend it on candy, you’ll only get $2 worth of jelly babies with it. That’s all in New Zealand dollars, so I’m sure that all works out just fine.
Reverse Design: This depicts an engraved relief of the iconic TARDIS used by the Doctor to travel through time and space. This bursts forth out of a dynamic high quality colour printed background representing time travel. The coins border features the finely engraved words Doctor Who 50th Anniversary 1963 – 2013.
But wait! There’s more:
Later in the year New Zealand Mint will also release collectible coins featuring all 11 Doctors, from the first Doctor played by William Hartnell, to the current incarnation - Matt Smith. Further Doctor Who coin releases are also planned for 2014 and 2015.
Start saving your pennies...
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Mon Jan 28 13, 8:00AM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
· Doctor Who thing of the day: David Bradley (aka Hogwarts’ caretaker Filch) to play William Hartnell in making-of movie
· Doctor Who thing of the day: why Doctor Who isn’t just for kids
· Doctor Who thing of the day: the 2012 Adventure Calendar now live
· Doctor Who thing of the day: “The Great Detective,” Christmas prequel minisode (plus a trailer)
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Neil Gaiman’s Cybermen script left in the back of a Cardiff cab
· Doctor Who thing of the day: what happened to Brian Pond--er Williams?
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Tom Baker scarf licensed merch
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Kahler-Jex is not a monster!
· Doctor Who thing of the day: David Tennant is so money
· Doctor Who thing of the day: 60s-style B-movie posters for Season 7
Olympus Has Fallen (trailer)