Doctor Who thing of the day: is the Doctor gay, straight, bi, or what?
Jef With One F examines the question of the Doctor’s sexuality -- with regards to the modern Doctors only -- at the Houston Press blog Art Attack. A taste:
[The Ninth Doctor] was also the most overtly bisexual of the modern three. He was obviously flattered immensely by the immediate attention he received from Captain Jack, and he flirted much more openly with him than he ever did with Rose. He doesn't react with jealousy toward Jack when he works his charms on Rose who reciprocates to the point of dazed infatuation. Instead, he stakes his claim to either of them should he see fit.
Check out the whole thing here. Then come back and discuss: How should we qualify the Doctor’s sexuality? What kind of impact does it have on the show, and on fans’ reactions to the show?
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Wed Jan 09 13, 12:35PM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
· Doctor Who thing: what if the Doctors had been American...
· Doctor Who: The Complete Specials (review)
· ‘Doctor Who’ blogging: “Bad Wolf”
· ‘Doctor Who’ blogging: “The Empty Child”
· glorious ‘Doctor Who’ crap I picked up in Britain
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Why is DW suddenly so popular in the United States?
· Doctor Who thing of the day: videos from David Tennant’s wrap party go public
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: reasons to hope for ‘Torchwood’: “Miracle Day”
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: “My Sarah Jane - A Tribute to Elisabeth Sladen”
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: David Tennant and Karen Gillan together again for the first time
InAPPropriate Comedy (redband trailer)
Gangster Squad (review)