Doctor Who thing of the day: seven-year-old Ethan is a secret Dalek!
I am informed that there’s a kind of secret hidden in the photo I posted yesterday of the Doctor Who float at London’s New Year’s Day parade. From Jill via email:
Yesterday you posted about the wonderful Matt Elliott and the other Doctors and characters from Doctor Who in the New Year’s Parade. Well, I wanted to share with you a Doctor Who thing that isn't so obvious in the photos. You see the little Dalek on the float behind the Doctors? There is a 7yr old boy inside it called Ethan.
Jill is Ethan’s mom, and she shares some photos of Ethan via his Facebook page. Ethan at the parade, before getting into the Dalek shell (with his little brother peeking in):
Inside the Dalek, with “Captain Jack Harkness”:
Inside the Dalek, with “the Eleventh Doctor” (aka Matt Elliott):
Lucky Ethan got to meet the “real” Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith, recently:
Adorable. It always touches me to see how Doctor Who (like Star Wars and Star Trek) has become such a wonderful outlet for, in some instances, kids and grownups who might otherwise have a bit of trouble interacting with the world. Go Ethan!
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Tue Jan 15 13, 12:23PM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Doctor Who at the London New Year’s Day parade
· Doctor Who thing of the day: mysterious “Who Is Returning” 50th anniversary posters
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Matt Smith proposes marriage in front of the TARDIS
· Doctor Who thing of the day: bowtie tee -- dress like Matt Smith’s Doctor
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: Time Lord and companions as cats
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: Doctors’ joyride
· ‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: TARDIS and Doctors nesting dolls
· Doctor Who thing of the day: trust Grover, he’s the Doctor
· Matt Smith to carry the Olympic torch (and other adventures in social networking)
· resist the corporatization of love and romance... (and other adventures in social networking)
Bela Lugosi as Jesus will blow your mind (and other adventures in social networking)