question of the day: Is Arrested Development on Netflix the future of “television”?
I’ve never seen even a single episode of Arrested Development, but if the rabid fandom begging for its return weren’t enough to get me to take a peek, the intriguing way in which it finally will return may. From Lost Remote:
This week Netflix announced that the cult hit show Arrested Development will return with 14 episodes in May after seven years off the air....
Cory Bergman at Lost Remote goes on to call this strategy “one of television’s big innovative moments,” and I agree. If it works, it would be a radical gamechanger for how we think about television as fans. The best modern television has become far more novelistic in recent years, and this makes the debut of a new show more like the debut of a novel, something that fans will digest at their own pace that is not being dictated by the show’s creators or by the network airing it.
Is Arrested Development on Netflix the future of “television”? If your favorite show were released this way, would you watch all at once or dole out episodes slowly to savor them?
(If you have a suggestion for a QOTD, feel free to email me. Responses to this QOTD sent by email will be ignored; please post your responses here.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Wed Jan 16 13, 11:19AM
join the conversation:
talk amongst yourselves
by MaryAnn Johanson
· question of the day: Is it a good idea for Netflix and other digital providers to revive cancelled TV shows?
· question of the day: What is the greatest aspect of Fox’s legacy, 25 years in?
· question of the day: What movie(s) do you absolutely have to see more than once to really get?
· question of the day: If you were stuck on a ledge, how would you waste the time?
· question of the day: What’s the best movie with the worst title?
· question of the day: How do you chose which movies and TV shows to watch?
· question of the day: Would you watch movies on Facebook?
· question of the day: What button would you add to your TV remote control?
· question of the day: How soon will physical DVDs disappear from general usage?
· question of the day: Do you feel like you need to reinvent yourself as a consumer of entertainment?
London photo of the day: almost there...
War Witch (trailer)