The Last Exorcism: Part II (trailer)
The Last Exorcism was an extraordinarily fresh look at not only this horror subgenre but also religion and child abuse. (I’m pretending that awful ending isn’t actually there in the movie.) So how did we go from that to Yet Another Generic Horror Flick About Demons?
This is how Hollywood works, right here: take anything that displays a bit of ingenuity and creativity and squeeze the life out of it, flatten it out and render it bland and boring. Slap a “Part II” on it, even if it makes no sense. (Did we say last exorcism? Ha ha, silly us.)
I’d love to be wrong about that. I don’t think I will be.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Thu Feb 28 13, 10:58AM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
North America release date:
Mar 1 2013
U.K. release date:
Mar 15 2013
· trailer break: ‘The Virginity Hit’ redband trailer
· trailer break: ‘The Last Exorcism’
· The Virginity Hit (review)
· question of the day: Why are we no longer able to trust that a documentary is authentic?
· the end of torture porn?; the end of the Internet?; what TV viewers want more of (and what they're going to get instead); more: leftover links
· cinematic roots of: ‘The Last Exorcism’
· The Last Exorcism (review)
· Welcome to the Punch (trailer)
· The Call (trailer)
· Dead Man Down (trailer)
QOTD: What’s the best modern American sitcom?
Doctor Who thing: TARDIS fezzes are cool